The biggest risk with running a website is the risk of being hacked.
It is important that you are aware of what’s going on and also avoid anything that can put your business at risk. Some individuals are good in using hacking programs. The performance of hacking can genuinely damage and even destroy your presence. Anything that is connected to the internet can be a source and becomes a potential to hacking. Therefore, it is a challenge for you to protect your website and data from hackers.
The attack of hacking can lead to loss of business if you don’t know what to do.
To prevent from being hacked, here are the following tips that you can use and apply.
- Be suspicious – You can’t help but be more suspicious. Anything that is related to your business website such as emails should be monitored. Keep in mind that there are so many cyber attacks through the use of email that may seem malicious. For example, phishing of fake links through sending an email. Before clicking any links, make sure that you know the company or better yet, know the background before responding to any emails.
- Check the location of the link – Anything can be made possible via internet. If you see unknown messages that contain to an unknown location or site that means it can be considered as a hack. Even if you are giving it the benefit of the doubt, perhaps, you should always remind yourself that hackers are good to mimic any site that seems trusting to you.
- Keep away from opening attachments – Regardless if you know the sender 120%. Attachments can be the greatest source for a website to be hacked. Most of the hackers would just download a program and send it in a form where you wouldn’t even notice it.
- The use of authentication code – Bigger companies set authentication code. However, if it is hacked that means there is leakage. To protect your website, the use of password should be provided. Make sure that it composes of good strength so that hacking wouldn’t be possible. There should be an entry confirmation, so this will serve a double purpose.
- Do not provide cloud access – If you don’t want people to get information, you don’t have to share your cloud storage. Regardless of how secure your website or platform, it is best that you keep it for yourself. If you have a cloud storage, it doesn’t mean that you’ll have to give access to most people.
- WIFI access – Lastly, your wifi should be secured at all times. Do not share any personal data wherein anyone can hack your WIFI. Moreover, if you wish of checking your bank account or booking a flight at your favorite coffee shops, perhaps think again before you’re going to open any accounts that you have with their WIFI.
There are tools nowadays that you can use to avoid any means of hacking. This includes the use of VPN’s or virtual private network. This can encrypt the traffic so as any means of hacking can be done.